Attractions in the area


St. Mary's Basilica, which is visible from some of our rooms and apartments, is the largest brick temple in the world. It had been built for 159 years, with a beginning in 1343. There are 7 gates leading inside, and the main entrance is located under a 78-meter high tower, which is a great viewpoint at the same time.
Inside, you can admire 13 altars (with the main Altar devoted to the Coronation of Virgin Mary), an astronomical clock with movable figures from 1470, a group of Crucifixion in a rainbow beam, a copy of Hans Memling's Last Judgment, about 500 graves and many more.
The church used to be Catholic and Protestant (in 1572–1945).


In 1549, an unknown well existed in front of Artus Court, perhaps already with metal decorations. It was slightly closer to Motlava River. Gdańsk councilors decided to erect a more representative object. The new fountain stood in a new place so that when viewed from the front it could blend into the center of the facade of the Artus Court, from the Green Gate it is visible against the wall of the Main Town Hall and the outlet of Długa Street, from Długa Street it closes the perspective of the Royal Road. Neptune - the god of the sea - was to be faced front the tenement houses that were the seat of the Polish kings during their stay in Gdańsk and it had to have its head bowed in front of them. The fountain was to be connected to underground pipes, through which water would be pumped from the Siedlecki Stream through the Water Craft operating at the Sienna Market.


Artus Court, which got its name after the legends of King Arthur, was the seat of city brotherhoods. The first mansion was built at this spot in 1350, rebuilt many times, it gained a Renaissance facade after the rebuilding in 1552 and 1617 (the back of the manor remained Gothic). The Fraternity of Jurors used to meet here and organize feasts, concerts, social events.
In the 17th century, the first stock exchange in Poland operated here.
The Court, which was rebuilt after the war, houses a branch of the Historical Museum, and the most important items of its interior include: benches with carved paneling with mythological and historical aspects, decorated furniture, paintings, among many: Orpheus among animals by Hans Vredeman de Vries and The Last Judgment by Anton Möller, models of ships, armour, sculptures - e.g. Saint George killing the dragon and a beautiful eleven-meter tiled stove with 520 tiles depicting portraits of the greatest European rulers.


The Town Hall of the Main (Right) City is a Gothic-Renaissance building, towering over the Royal Route.
It was expanded many times. In 1561 it received the tower's helmet with a gilded statue of King Zygmunt August II placed on its spire. The representative hall located on the first floor leads to the Red Hall, also called the Council Summer Chamber, and the White Hall. In the Red Room you can admire the rich decor of Isaac van der Block with the Apotheosis of Gdańsk, while in the White Room before the portraits of the kings, Gdańsk residents swore allegiance to the king and the Council. On the right side of the stairs, it is worth paying attention to the standard measures that used to control the measures used in trade. Gdańsk measures are also marked here: foot, elbow and fathom.
After the war and many conservation works, the Town Hall was transformed to the seat of the Historical Museum of the City of Gdańsk.


The crane, called the lower water gate, was equipped with a lifting device as early as 1376. The mighty building survived five centuries, used to load goods and ballast onto ships. Inside the gate you can see two cranes placed one above the other (in the form of two pairs of drums). The weight of people, usually prisoners, who climbed the rungs of the inner walls of the drum allowed lifting a volume of 4 tones to a height of 11 meters, or up to 2 tons to a height of 7 meters. Rebuilt after the war damage, today it is one of the symbols of Gdansk. It houses a branch of the National Maritime Museum
with the exhibition on port facilities and the work of people associated with the port.

The Motlawa River Embankment

The Motlawa River Embankment on the bank of the main waterway – Motława River is a promenade along 7 water gates: Krowiej, Zielona, Chlebnicka, Mariacka, and St. Spirit, the Crane, Świętojańska I Straganiarska. Once, short, wooden harbour quays were built along the coast, which were later combined into one. Today there are numerous restaurants and shops with souvenirs and amber. On the other side of the Motława is the Granary Island, which has recently undergone revitalization. Today there are numerous hotels and restaurants here.


New shopping center about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The facility was built at the Sienna Market and the Crayfish Market, i.e. the historic places of Gdańsk. About 1/3 of the center area is green areas. 33,000 plants (80 species) were planted on over two hectares, and two historic trees grow - chestnut and ash. The designers' assumption was that the architectural form of Forum Gdańsk should pay attention to modern design with historic elements. Along the main avenue of the center flows the Radunia Channel. The Forum has over 220 stores, Helios cinema, numerous cafes and a gastronomic point.